Even though the penetration of television in India is not as high as developed countries, nevertheless the Indian Television industry is very developed. To support the booming television industry, the Indian Government has introduced technological changes in the form on digitalization. In the phase 1 of digitalization, cable TV digital was introduced in the four metros in October 2012. From then, many homes across India have moved to digital cable TV. Here are 5 reasons why every home in India should have a digital TV
- Customer oriented services: Most cable networks do not believe in customer services. Even if you were not receiving a particular TV channel in your house, they would not bother. If the cables are disturbed and the clarity is affected, you would have to make a million calls to them before they are fixed. In contrast, DTH players such as Videocon d2h are customer oriented. They strongly believe that the customer is the king and provide services keeping this in mind. The end result is that the customer has the best television viewing experience.
- Subscribe channels of your choice: Traditionally, a cable operator never allows the customer to choose which channels to subscribe. A standard subscription of paid and free to air channels is offered to all customers. No customization what so ever is offered to the customers? But on DTH platforms, the customers can select to subscribe the channels of his or her choice. So if you are a sports fanatic, then you can subscribe to all sports channels. If there are no children in your home, you can unsubscribe the kid’s channels. Thus, if gives you all the freedom of choice you deserve.
- Pay for what you see: Since you get to choose what channels to subscribe to, you pay only for those channels. Thus, you are not tricked into paying for channels that you don’t even touch. Thus, instead of spending money on channels that you don’t care about, you can invest them in subscribing TV channels of your own choice! If you believe in value for money, you have to make a shift to cable TV digital.
- Digital clarity: Picture and sound quality has always been a problem when a cable company is involved. But due to the technology used by DTH platforms, you get crystal clear picture and digital sound. It will almost be like watching a movie in a theatre!
- Program guide: Not sure about show timings? Confused which show comes when? Then you will be delighted to know about the automatic program guide provided on digital platforms. All show timings for all channels is provided. This will enable you to plan your television time better and will ensure that you don’t miss your favorite shows!
When compared to cable TV, a digital one is far more superior in a number of ways. If you are frustrated, annoyed and irritated by your current provider, just make the shift and enjoy the ultimate viewing experience.